Feb 22, 2010

Thrif-tay, Thrit-day

So it has been over a WEEK since I have blogged! I'm ready to get back into the swing of things, no doubt! Every Spring semester rolls around and gets crazy busy for the few weeks leading up to Spring Break. 2 Tests and a huge project last week, and 3 tests this week, ughhh I have been doing anything and everything to get out of the house to procrastinate on my studies.

Amidst the snow-ridden gloomy Tuscaloosa days we have seen throughout February, these past two afternoons have proven a flawless gift, mid 60s and sunny. Yes, we even hosted a small, spur of the moment yard party accompanied by mango daiquiris, puppies, and chalk art.

Naturally, this brief stint of bliss led to major Spring Break wardrobe inspiration... so I took it to the thrift store, one of my favorite places to shop. Thrifting takes a skillful, creative, and patient eye to sort through loads of 'not so good' to occasionally get lucky with a rare and hidden gem. But when you hit that sweet spot, it feels Oh. So. Good! $24.00, a bag full of new looks, and a satisfactory smile later, here are my latest finds...

1 comment: