Feb 27, 2010

A West Side Story, with a Stella Style Spin

I decided to revisit some Spring/Summer 2010 lines on style.com the other day, looking for vacation inspiration looks, and came across Stella McCartney's Spring '10 line. Always a favorite designer of mine, I am drawn to her simple & chic, yet intricate and thorough design concepts. Stella is ALWAYS fresh. Her printed ruffled pieces immediately reminded me a childhood favorite movie of  mine, the West Side Story... more specifically the "I Want To Live In America" song and dance rooftop number with the beautiful Anita.


And Stella's take...

 

Its no wonder I was drawn to this line though... A closer look at the yellow and pink prints shown on these dresses look an awful lot like the print me and creator of the New York based clothing line, Cloak & Dagger, designed on our shop floor this past May. Brookelynn (company owner) drew inspiration from a vintage antique Givenchy scarf she picked up shopping around the city. We pulled the Pantone book and went to work on two color stories for this print which was used in our S/S 2010 line. We printed on a luscious silk organza, as well as a metallic infused silk, for more of a jazzy feel. Love, love....


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I totally see the similarities and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Stella's Spring/Summer 2010 colleciton! Great blog, I will definitely be back!

    www.girlwiththeflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete